When Will There Be A ....

Earlier today, I found myself feeling disheartened and discouraged as I pondered the list below:


  • The 45th POTOS' cruel and self-serving decision to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy
  • The Destruction, Wrath, and Horror that was Hurricane Harvey
  • The Unease and Brace for the Impacts of Hurricane's Irma and Jose (no matter where they land)
  • The 1 Dead and 3 Injured students at my beloved Tennessee State Univ. (due to gun violence)
  • The aftermath of the White Supremacy March on Charlottesville, VA
  • The Presidential Pardoning of former Arizona Sherriff, Joe Arpaio
  • The Fact that NFL Owners have decided in unison to punish peaceful protests that spotlight American Injustice
  • How the rising tensions between the 45th POTUS and Kim Jong Un can fatally affect us all


And then, I was reminded of something I learned as an adolescent - "Know GOD, Know Peace.  No GOD, No Peace".  Because I "KNOW" GOD, I chose to allow his spirit to fall fresh on me.

Most people who know me have learned that I am an enthusiast of entertainment (among other things).  At the top of my list of enthusiasms is my passion for "SOUL" music.

When asked, "What is your favorite song", I have consistently replied, "Harvest For The World, by The Isley Brothers" since age 27.  This title track has always been one of my favorite songs since an uncle introduced me to the group when I was a very young boy.

However, it wasn't until I was mature enough to ponder and discern the world I was growing up in that I began to understand the lyrics I still enjoy to this day.  They resonate with me like no other song I know.

During my commute to work this morning the song came on my radio playlist on ItFeelsGoodRadio.com.  My immediate thought was, "look at GOD and his timing".

While Harvest For The World is not a Gospel song, it is one of discernment, and belief, and serenity.  And though the song questions timing, again, I "KNOW" GOD, therefore, I know the answer.  "When Will There Be A Harvest For The World"???,.... When my GOD decides it's time for us to reap one.  Until then, we were all left a blueprint that among other things, outlines just how little control we have in this world.  Knowing and Understanding this has not been a disservice to me a single day of my life.

So before I catch my breath and extend this post, I invite each of you to ponder the lyrics and enjoy the melody of this song. Perhaps it will provide some insight for you too.

Click Here for Link to Lyrics (and PLAY button to listen inside):  ..... Harvest For The World

Comments